Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nourish Change. '05

One day at a time,
Each breath heavy and slow,
I'll choke back desire,
I can stand on my own,
The Shepard broke my legs,
And carried me home,
Believe in me and I'll convince myself it's ok,
But don't hold my hand,
Palms are sweaty and together we may slip,
I won't drown your day with my heartbreak story,
Just watch me grow with a loosened grip,
It could have been worst,
I could have never known,
Better to love and thirst,
Than to never reap what you've sown,
Lesson after lesson I learned with my first,
I'll the buy them in bulk,
Carry my burden with pride,
Break my heart muscle, let it reconstruct stronger,
I believe in the strength of spirit,
So keep my chin up and look straight ahead,
Never look back, nor too far ahead,
Content with my goals and where I am,
An icon of grace and recipient of mercy,
Proud to be the humble black lamb,
I'll tip my hat and learn to kurtsy.

No comments: