I've always been a girl to embrace the sunset,
Although I hate good byes,
I love endings,
So much I often skip until the end of the book,
But my ending....I do not wish,
To me an ending should bring a new beginning,
Not close doors to possibilities,
Wow, it'almost like you never knew me,
You were so anxious for a free spirit,
So quick to clip my wings,
And hold me for your pet,
I can't breath,
Sometimes your cage is so much I can not outstretch my wings,
Unless I sing you a song,
Tweet-tweet, tweet-tweet,
Like most Americans you don't always appreciate a sonnet,
More like a peg-legged pet,
A sunny compact travel friendly bonnet,
Put me in the center and watch me dance,
Until you couldn't keep up,
Then it's-"sit-down, shut up",
I don't know what was worse,
The back of a hand, or holding yours,
I don't like games,
I'd rather not play,
Let me see the sunshine,
Let me embrace a new day,
I don't want to watch behind a closed curtain,
There's a steamy handprint on the glass,
If you continue to suck up my spirit,
I promise this will never last,
Just let me be,
please...let me be
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment