Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Aftertaste. March '06

I'm holding on steadfast
To an idol that will never last
Unexpected years I never meant to give
What didn't belong to me
I'm still falling
The blur of my flesh is all that I can see
Is this what was expected
Was lust my bait to fall
Did I fail in the attempt to prove
To keep what I never had at all
So easy to say
Such a graceful plan
When the trumpet sounds one day
Where do I stand
A woman trying to be worldly
A yound lady proud of her burden
Who am I becoming
That I continue to see my Father hurting
Thirsting
Outstretched for the rain
Fall on top of this heart
I mean that I want nothing
On my knees I cry for the lost
My heart so dry and empty i feel sick
Dizzy, meek and unworthy
I want more for my vein
I'm crying so hard I can not catch my breath
I know.......
one more prayer
Break me
Shatter my walls, tear my flesh
Till I'm nothing at all
Take my addiction to inappropriate affection for this world
I've found my girl
In brokenness and bleeding
I reach for faithfullness

No comments: