Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Uncomfortable Humor.

"Never kick a Dead Dog."
I once heard this quote from a well stature man during a sermon. His point of course being, "Do strive to do what has been and cannot be undone." This was also supposed to be comic relief, I suppose that was the moment that we were all encourage to laugh, joining him at the joy of satirical humor. The only thing I could imagine was an under-nourished redneck kicking a decomposing dog. (Drinking Bud, because that is what uneducated rednecks drink) (I'm not sorry for saying that either). What kind of an analogy is that?
Dark. Not Amusing. In fact, nauseating.
Really though. How many of these "figures of speech" are people repeating out of an attempt for someone to identify with them. When in actuality they are just plain....ridiculous.

What are some you've heard recently?
Tell me some good, I mean really good Silly ones.